Most modern diver’s watches draw inspiration from the first 1953 Fifty Fathoms.
The Blancpain Fifty Fathom Bathyscaphe was launched in 2013 to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the watchmaker’s flagship diver’s watch. Blancpain came into the watch scene in 1953 and has since been a key player in the industry with series of innovations built on robust quality and powerful performance. The practicality of the brand makes its products of several decades stand out among competitions.
This newly birthed Blancpain Fifty Fathom Bathyscaphe kept the practical nature of the Blancpain dynasty and then proceeded to add a little touch of new life that certainly makes the watch a must have for every diver or marine worker. It combines little touches of white gold surrounds, hand-finished movement, and beautiful dial to give you a strong utility watch. Indeed, this timepiece is a masterpiece not only in terms of its gorgeousness and tasteful design that give a great deal of visual appealing in the luxury watch world, but also with respect to durability, quality, and performance.
If all these epistles seem more of an exaggeration to you, then wait until you have gone through the features of the Bathyscaphe as presented below. I’m very sure with such highlights you will be able to see the picture clearer.
Products from Amazon.com
Features of the Blancpain Fifty Fathom Bathyscaphe
- Calibre: 1315.
- Type: powered by an ETA movement.
- Dial: dazzling blue sunburst dial.
- Power reserve: an incredible power reserve of approximately 120 hours.
- Functions: Hours, minutes, small seconds.
- Chronometer COSC certified.
- Material: 18K Gold rotor with grey plasma ceramic casing
- Diameter: 43.6mm
- Caseback: see-through sapphire case back
- Water resistance: a reliable diver’s instrument at 300m
- Material: lovely blue sail cloth strap or the three-ring NATO strap.
- Vintage-inspired styling.
- Brushed steel case with nice faceted lugs.
- Uni-directional rotating bezel.
- Date display between 4 and 5 o’clock position.
- Scratch resistant sapphire crystal.
- A good replicate of the original Bathyscaphe.
- Fun to wear.
- Superlative NATO strap.
- In-house Blancpain movement with silicon balance spring.
- Shiny bezel a little thin and loud.
- 43mm size maybe too big for some users.
- The indices are a bit small which can be difficult to read at night since there is no in-built light.
- High price compared to competition.
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon
The Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Bathyscaphe regular is starting at $10,500, while the titanium version can be found at prices over $14,000. It is important that you always check the price tag on retailers sites to confirm any recent updates on prices. You can always check the options and cost for this marvelous watch on Amazon through this link.
Overall, the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Bathyscaphe’s appearance is kept simple and clean because it is expected to be a work tool. Hence, it is an ideal watch for ocean divers and marine workers who understand the importance of having a watch that can withstand all tough conditions. However, the use of a plasma gray ceramic case gives the watch a rather interesting and gorgeous appearance despite its simplicity and practicality.